Perspecta 35: Building Codes
The book consists of two kinds of writings: full-length, academic essays and more personal and sketch-like “briefs.” The essays form the main body of the book, while the briefs, printed on smaller sheets of colored paper, are inserted at an interval of sixteen pages, regardless of the flow of the essays. The book in its standard format is quite big for extended reading: the text is set in an accordingly large size, forcing the reader to maintain a safe distance between his/her eyes and the book. It also adds a slightly unfamiliar quality to the largely conventional typography.
The design of each brief insert is different depending on the theme, but every time it reverberates the layout of the essay pages against which the insert is placed.
- Editor: Elijah Huge
- Typefaces: Adobe Caslon | Courier New | Futura | Gill Sans | Helvetica | ITC Franklin Gothic | Rockwell | Schreibmaschine EF | Times New Roman | Univers
- Printer: Lecturis (Eindhoven)
- Binder: Handboekbinderij Geertsen, Nijmegen
- Commissioner: Yale School of Architecture (New Haven)
- De best verzorgde boeken 2004
- 『De best verzorgde boeken 2004』. Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam, 2005
- 『Sulki & Min: Factory 060421–060513』. Gallery Factory, Seoul, 2006