- exhibition catalog
- offset lithography and sewn paperback binding
- 170 x 240 mm, 128 pp, 4 versions
Karel Martens: Still Moving
Published as a catalog for a major retrospective exhibition of Karel Martens, the book appeared with four different covers, reflecting the diverse aspects of the subject’s body of work. We took the format, 170 x 240 mm, from the Martens-designed architectural journal Oase, which is an important part of the exhibition.
Inside, the full-bleed exhibition views are organized in five 8-page signatures of coated paper, and dispersed in between uncoated text sections. The design of the text sections utilizes all the four orientations of the book to differentiate elements (notes and running heads are placed upside-down, and captions vertically), and also to emphasize the sense of movement. The large headings are set in Pirelli, and the text in Jungka, both designed by Lee Jung Myeong and Martens himself.
- Top Process, Seoul
- 2020. 『Around Seoul* Independent Graphic Design』. CCA Hubbell Street Galleries, San Francisco
- 2021. 『Graphic West 9: Sulki & Min』. Kyoto DDD Gallery
- 2021–22. 『Group Theory』. DDP, Seoul
- Letterform Archive, San Francisco