Score by Score
- Author: Oh Min
- Interviewees: Kim Jaelee, Kwon Lyon Eun, Nam Hwayeon, Park Bona, Zhana Ivanova, Hans Roels, Hong Chulki
- Typefaces: Panama, SM Sinsin Myeongjo
- Printer: Screengraphic
- Publisher: Workroom Specter
- Exhibition: 『Graphic West 9: Sulki & Min』 (Kyoto DDD Gallery, 2021)
Score by Score was conceived as an extension of Oh Min’s study of score, which she has maintained in parallel with her work with video and performance. She interviewed seven other artists who actually make and use scores in their practices, and with each conversation, she discusses “perspectives coming from several fields spanning music, dance and visual arts,” exploring the possibility of expanding the notion of score.
- ISBN 978-89-94207-85-8 03600
- Text in English and Korean
- 20,000 won
Two inks are used in the bilingual book for distinction: black for the conversations, and dark green for the score examples. The monospace-looking typeface (Panama by The Temporary State) creates a slightly unfamiliar sense of irregular modularity. Titles of different kinds (books, exhibitions, performances) are differentiated by specially designed punctuation marks.