- Technical Problem = Geumhyung Jeong × Chungwoo Lee × Jackson Hong
- offset lithography and saddle stitching
- 176 x 244 mm, 64 pp
This book documents Technical Problem, a collaborative performance work by Jeong Geumhyung, Jackson Hong, and Lee Chungwoo. Following the invitations of Lee Chungwoo, a critic who initiated the project, the designer-artist Jackson Hong selected various pieces of equipment as “props” for the choreographer and performer Jeong Geumhyung, who then performed an interplay with the objects onstage.
ISBN 978-89-93061-25-3 93600
Text in English and Korean
- Kim Sang-tae
- Top Process, Seoul
- 2011. 『Beautiful Books in Korea 2010』. Seoul Art Space Seogyo
- 2013. 『Graphic West 5: Type Trip to Osaka』. DDD Gallery, Osaka
- 2014. 『Type Trip to Hong Kong』. K11 Art Space, Hong Kong
- 2021–22. 『Group Theory』. DDP, Seoul
- 2022–23. 『Art + Language: Contemporary Korean Graphic Design』. Korean Cultural Centre Canada, Ottawa
The book embodies a few “failures” in its own design and construction. There is, for example, no “cover” to this saddle-stitched booklet. To be more precise, the “cover” is folded in the middle of the interior, as if the entire booklet is physically reversed, inside-out. The text typeface, Gill Sans, has become a “broken script” here, with all the characters’ curves reduced to jagged straight lines.