- exhibition catalog, 2019
- case binding, dust jacket, offset lithography
- Page size 240 x 255 mm, 288 pp including gatefolds
- Typefaces: Bookmania, Ggothicssi, ITC Avant Garde Gothic, SM Sinsinmyeongjo
- Paper: Magic Color, Magic Matching, Munken Polar Rough, Summit
- Printer: Top Process (Seoul)
- Commissioners: Lee Seungah, Seoul Museum of Art, Siwol (Seoul)
- Recognition: Korean Design Award 2019, identity design category
The seven-tier heading reflects the structure of the retrospective, which consists of seven sections for different phases in Hockney’s evolving body of work.
The title display type is a version of Avant Garde Gothic, designed by Herb Lubalin in the same year as Mr. and Mrs. Clark and Percy, one of the most famous paintings by Hockney and a highlight in the exhibition. Text is set in a combination of a traditional Myeongjo and a modern revival of Bookman, subtly referencing the period style of the 1960s and 1970s. Overall, the typography aims to be elegant, and interesting in a slightly affected manner. In its large, square format and the case binding with gatefolds, too, the book has a classic, if somewhat out-of-time, feel to it.