Ob.scene, no. 9
- Planning editor: Kim Seonghee
- Editors: Klega, Park Hwal-sung, Seo Hyun-Suk
- Typefaces: Architype Renner, Munchebu Batang
- Paper: generic uncoated, Invercote
- Printer: Top Process (Seoul)
- Publisher: Workroom Specter
Ob.scene is a multidisciplinary journal focused on the “things out of the stage.” The ninth issue rethinks the rampant nationalism in the aftermath of the failed political and aesthetic projects and experiments of the twentieth century.
Two typefaces are used in the text. One used for the Korean characters is Munchebu Batang, a digital font developed by the Korean government as a public domain. The other is a version of Futura designed by Paul Renner in Germany in the early twentieth century. If the former emphasizes cultural specificity, the latter imagined a universal, geometric form that would bypass any national barriers. The type combination stresses heterogeneity and contrast, rather than harmony.