Wahrheit und Methode
- Book, 2012
- Offset lithography, case binding, dust jacket
- 2 volumes, page size 138 x 222 mm, 304 pp and 528 pp
The Humanities Library’s design identity is centered around the dust jacket that partially exposes the cover: for each title, the same 474 × 270 mm sheet is folded at a different angle to make a unique, tilted-looking semi-jacket. The typography is different each time, depending on the title.
In the case of Wahrheit und Methode, the themes of intersubjectivity and intertextuality are expressed in the jacket’s typography, where the title letters are filled with another text: a list of references used in the book.
- Written by Hans-Georg Gadamer
- Edited by Kim Yeong-ok
- Set in Adobe Caslon, Benton Sans, Caslon 540, Sandoll Gothic Neo, SM Sinsin Myeongjo, and Yoon Myeongjo
- Printed by Yeongsinsa
- Bound by Gyeongil Binding
- Published by Munhakdongne
Presented in Graphic West 9: Sulki & Min, curated by Goto Tetsuya, Kyoto DDD Gallery, 16 January–19 March 2021